Search This Blog

Monday, June 20, 2016

Adelade Quilt TOW and Dear Stella

Hi there Therm O Web fans this is Jenifer here with you today to share this fun lap quilt I made from the Adelaide Collection from Dear Stella.  It took me a while to decide what I wanted to do with this beautiful collection of fabrics and then I came across this free pattern.  I did make it a bit bigger by adding a 5" border all the way around and with some of my cut off triangles I managed to make fun little pinwheels at the corners.

This quilt came together fairly quickly and with the minimal quilting that I did it was finished in no time.  I used almost all of my fat quarter bundle, and I even managed to use it to make a scrappy binding.  I love seeing the little pops of color from the back.



Here is some of the backing, I got this awesome black and white fabric from my local fabric store that was going out of business and with all of the discounts it ended up being $1.40 a yard, big score for me :)
One of my favorite things to use is Sew in Fleece it gives my light weight quilts just the right amount of stuffing on those not to chilly days.  When putting all of the layers together a quick spray with the Basting spray and I don't have to worry about shifting.


Tutorial for adding a quilt label to your quilt using EZ print Transfer Sheets.

Gather your supplies, Ez Print Transfer sheets, a piece of quilting cotton that to use for your label, pins and a pair of scissors or rotary cutter.


Step 1:  Print desired label or image using an inkjet printer.
Peel off the paper backing and place on fabric.


Step 2:  Iron image onto the fabric with a piece of parchment between the iron and the fabric.


Step 3: Iron carefully around your edges 1/4" to 1/2" so you have nice finished edges.


Step 4: Sew your new custom label to the back of your quilt.



Therm O Web products used:


No comments:

Post a Comment