Search This Blog

Thursday, April 7, 2016

Silk Ribbon Pillow-May Arts

Welcome May Arts fans this is Jenifer here with you today to share a fun way to add a little color to your decor.  Pillows are an easy way to quickly change out a look in a room, you could do it annually or seasonally.  With some basic sewing skills you could do this any time you felt the need.


Here is my finished pillow and I LOVE it.  I love the fun bright cheerful colors and the beautiful pops of color.  With all of the beautiful colors of Silk Ribbons that May Arts has to offer the possibilities really are endless.


The pillow form that I used was 14"x 14".  I cut my silk ribbons in 16" lengths and sewed them together along the long edge.  Take your time when sewing the silk it is a bit slippery and moves around a bit on you.  When they are all sewn together give them a nice press with your iron and trim down to 15" to give you a nice straight edge to work with.  


I wanted to keep the back simple since I had so much beautiful color on the front.  I made a simple overlapping  enclosure for the back so that I can take the pillow form out and change it up when the mood hits.

May Arts Ribbons used:
SK01- White 1 yard
SK16-Olive 1 yard
SK98-Mint 1 yard
SK94-Robbins Egg Blue 1 yard
SK47-Violet 1 yard
SK31-Silver 1 yard
SK22-Fuchsia 1 yard
SK17-Pink 1 yard
SK05-Lavender 1 yard

Other Supplies used:
Pillow Form
Fabric

1 comment: