Search This Blog

Friday, September 11, 2015

Spruce up some Pillowcases-May Arts

Hi there May Arts Fans, Jenifer here with you today to share a super easy way to add ribbon to some custom pillowcases.  I have made a bunch of pillowcases in my time but this one is by far the easiest and all of the seams are enclosed leaving you with a beautiful piece of work.


Last year I made my daughter a beautiful quilt, I had just enough fabric left to make a fun throw pillow and a pillowcase.  I don't know why it took me so long to make the pillowcase, this one only took me about a half and hour to make.  It took me longer to pick out the ribbons. 


I chose to use this beautiful eyelet and this fun green chevron twill to tie it all together.  I love how it looks all layered together.


Here is the pillow on her bed with the matching quilt.  I love how it all goes together.  You can definitely tell we are a ribbon family, don't you just love the ribbon garland she has hanging over her head?  You can see more of that in this post here.

May Arts Ribbon used:

1 comment:

  1. Love the idea of embellishing pillowcases, simple but effective.

    ReplyDelete