Search This Blog

Thursday, February 19, 2015

Live it up Midori Travel Journal-Chick Chat Stack-DCWV

Hello DCWV fans!  It's Jenifer, from the DCWV Social Media Design Team, showing you a super fun project on the blog today. I hope you have been enjoying a look at the two new stacks that will soon be available at Michaels stores.  If you missed Monday's post, be sure to head over here and check it out.  

Have you seen the new planner/journal trend that has been happening in blogland?  I have to admit I am a sucker for them and absolutely love nice new journals to play with.  I created one for each stack for more pictures of the Seaside Yacht stack I invite you to stop by the DCWV blog and check them out.


These journals have removable journal inserts that can changed out when they are full.  These journals are held in place with a small piece of elastic string that runs through the middle of them, and another piece of elastic that holds the journal in place.  To reinforce this piece of elastic I inserted it through a button so that it wouldn't tear the fabric.


I absolutely LOVE the Chick Chat stack with the fun bright colors it makes this a perfect fit for a Midori Travel Journal.  For the cover I sewed a piece of the Canvas stack to a piece of canvas that I had laying around to give it a little more weight and make it a little sturdier.  I also used a fun stencil and painted on a beautiful patter with a fun bling center.  Along the bottom I sewed 2 different sizes scrap piece of paper to the bottom to give me duel pockets to play with.


For the first journal insert I used this beautiful, fun polka dot paper and decorated it very simply letting the papers take center stage.


 I did the same thing with the second insert.  I used a piece of the wonderful burlap to frame the little hearts.


There is also a pocket for the back to hold extra bits and bobs.  I think I will give this fun journal to my Daughter for her Birthday, I just know she will love it.

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my project today.  If you make a Midori Travel journal I would love to check it out, leave me a link in the comments.

DCWV Chick Chat Stack
DCWV Seaside Yacht stack
May Arts Elastic string
Spellbinders Die
Blumenthal Lansing

No comments:

Post a Comment