Search This Blog

Monday, December 8, 2014

Merry Christmas Layout-DCWV/Faber Castell Hop

 photo blogHop_zps7eeb29a5.jpg

Welcome to the DCWV and Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft® Winter blog hop! Dec 8-12 both blogs will be sharing fun winter projects featuring products from both companies! Check in each day on both blogs for chances to win lots of fabulous prizes!

Today is my turn and I created this fun layout of my youngest's first Christmas.  He was just so mesmerized by the lights that I just had to put together this layout.
I used the Winter in the Woods 6x6 and 12x12 stack and the Winter tag stack and Faber-Castell Gelatos.  I love using Gelatos they give everything a nice soft warm hue.  On my kraft stock I just colored in a little bit under my picture and then using a paintbrush with some water on it just went over it to blend it, nice and easy.
Here is a close up of the May Arts flowers.  I took the Gelatos in "snow cone" and dipped my brush in water and then on the gelato and gave my white flowers a soft watercolor effect.  It's a little hard to see in the picture but they have a soft blue tint in the center and go so nicely with the layout.

Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft®     http://designmemorycraft.typepad.com/design-memory-craft/

31 comments:

  1. A beautiful card for a beautiful baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Precious layout. I love how all of the elements do not distract from the adorable photo. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty and sweet!
    Love the colors.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  4. marylouh

    I love this layout. the picture is the main feature. The embellishments don't over-power it.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty layout! I love the soft colors and clean look. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't think to use my gelatos like that, great idea! I hate how pictures just don't capture all of the effects and textures. I love the picture!! priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This layout is beautiful. I love the colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How adorable!!! A lovely LO for a lovely memory.
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    GIVEAWAY at http://www.HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awwwww...such an adorable layout. Love all the details. I love Gelatos!!! Lynn G.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful layout! Thanks for sharing. Jess

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Gelatos just soften the layout so perfectly. It is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a sweet, sweet layout and picture.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is lovely! Really cute photo and the perfect design to highlight it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a sweet page...your papers are perfect for this soft photo, and love those white flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  15. super sweet and awesome layout, your pic is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the blue on the background. It reminds me of the glow you see on Christmas lights. The addition of blue to the flowers really helps tie it all together too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful layout, love how you added detail,

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sweet photo and beautiful layout.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fantastic page, LOVE the beautiful photograph!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a beautiful layout that you'll cherish always! Your son is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful layout! Love the color combo and the pale blue shades on the white flowers :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful, sweet layout! Love the riboons you used!! Thanks for sharing.

    Katie B.

    ReplyDelete
  23. love the twine added to soften the overall mood...great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Another wonderful project. Love the color combo with the pale blue shades added, the ribbons and of course the wonderful photo. TFs.

    ReplyDelete
  25. BEAUTIFUL photo and layout Jenifer!!!
    I can see why you needed to capture the MAGIC of this moment!!!
    You have finished it off PERFECTLY with the watercolor background and SPARKLING green trim - LOVE IT ALL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. THanks for sharing how you used the products and your layout is adorable.

    ReplyDelete