Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Vellum-Tutorial Tuesday-Ruby Rock-It

 Hi this is Jenifer here with you today to share some helpful tips when using vellum.  I love vellum and could use it all the time and in every project.  I especially love the Ruby Rock-It vellum, it is a little bit thicker and is just beautiful to work with.

For my first card I embossed the vellum with some Wow Embossing powder.  I love the results, and how beautiful the stamped image came out.  I attached the vellum by sewing it on down the side to give it a fun feathery feel.
 Here is a close up of the embossing.

 For my second card I used the vellum over top a piece of patterned paper to mute some of the colors.  Making this card very soft and feminine.  I attached the vellum using some gold glitter photo corners for just a little bit of pop.

For my last card I dry embossed it with an embossing folder and ran it through my machine. Look at all the wonderful texture.  I attached it with some glue in the center and covered it up with the flower and a fussy cut doily.
 Here is a close up of the texture.

I hope I have inspired you to use vellum in your next project.  I promise it is not a scary as it seems.
Ruby Rock-It supplies used:

Other Supplies used:
Leaves-May Arts
De-Vine Stamp and Opaque Bright White Embossing powder-WOW
Twine-Twinery
Embossing Folder-Darice
Glitter photo corners, Foam Squares and Zots-ThermOWeb


No comments:

Post a Comment