Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Tutorial / Life is Good Canvas -Ruby Rock-It



Hi this is Jenifer here with you today to share the directions for how I created this fun piece of art work, it looks harder to do then really is.  I absolutely love the Heritage collection from Ruby Rock-it and will have a few more projects using it later on this month.




Step 1:  Punch out circles.

Step 2: create a square template that fits inside the circle.  Using a mechanical pencil trace the square on the circle.

Step 3:  Using the pencil lines as your guide fold up each of the 4 sides.

Step 4: I used a stencil and some spackle to give my patterned paper some dimension and texture.  Layer all of your folded circles as desired, folding down the folds to show the patterned paper on the back.  Add embellishments and quote.  Frame and hang.

Here is a side view of my framed artwork.  I am so pleased with how it turned out, it reminds me of a beautiful hand made quilt.



Supply List:





Other Supplies:
Stencil-Dreamweaver
Spackle
Punch -Fiskars
Frame







3 comments:

  1. WOW - BEAUTIFUL frame Jenifer!!!
    LOVE the wood panel background and your DELIGHTFUL collage of super circles - they really do look like a quilt and the colours are beautiful too.
    So pretty adding the flowers & butterflies - LIFE IS GOOD!!!
    THANK YOU for sharing your CREATIVE INSPIRATION :)
    PS - I really appreciate your tutorial but do have a couple of questions, what size circles did you punch out? I'm pretty keen to try stencilling now too, it adds a pretty dimension to the project and wonder how long it takes to dry?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tracy-Thank you so much for your kind words :) I used the Fiskars 1 1/4" punch and my squares are 1". You should try stenciling!! I love it and try to NOT use it on everything :) When using the spackling it takes about 1 hr to dry if it is layered on pretty thick, but I usually just keep on working and just try not to smear it. I haven't tried but you could probably use your heat gun to help speed up the drying time.

      Delete
    2. Thank You Jenifer :)
      I look forward to getting punchy real soon!!!

      Delete