Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Burlap Ribbon Treat bags-May Arts/Stampendous


Welcome to the May Arts Stampendous Swap.  For my project I created these little treat bags made from the 4" burlap ribbon  I took a 12" piece of ribbon and pulled out the wire, sew down 1/2" at each end, fold in half, sew the side seams.  Voila you now have a little burlap bag :)  String ribbon along the top to tie it shut and you are done.  Decorate as desired
I used one of the stamps from the Jumbo Pear set and stamped directly on the burlap.  Stampendous also sent this lovely mixed media kit that had glitters and some flock and chips along with some chipboard and adhesive so I choose the heart- applied the adhesive and some of the fine glitter and I was good to go.  Layer the ribbons and the glitter heart and you are done.

May Arts ribbons used
368 Faux Linen
398 4" Burlap
424-1/8" diag stripe
A478-Adhesive Scroll
And the lovely Sequin Adhesive hearts

Jenifer Cowles  <---You are here

There are prizes :)  The prize is 3 sets of the following:
1 spool of ribbon and a jumbo cling set and a handle.

That means there will be 3 winners at the end of the week.
To win:  comment on any stop along the way.

28 comments:

  1. What a clever idea! I love the look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your adorable treat bags!! What a great way to leave a little treat in the kiddos lunch bag or hubbies lunch! LOVE the pink ribbon and the hearts also! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a pretty little treat bag!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you used the burlap ribbon to make a treat bag. Pretty embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty and a fast project too. thanks for sharing the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute project! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh what cute little
    bags! These would
    be fun to make and
    decorate.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  8. very cute, what a great project. I love the burlap

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea! I love the pink ribbon laced through the top of the bag. Thanks for sharing.

    Katie B.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I didn't think stamping on burlap would look so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a wonderful bag!! Love the texture of burlap and the little embellishments you added!!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are so clever!! Love how you used so many ribbons and how beautiful your little burlap bag came out! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute project.

    craftymom205 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have to get my hands on some May Arts Burlap Ribbon so that I can make a bunch of these darling bags! Cute, Cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is sweet...sort of country chic!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a cute treat bag! I love the pink against the burlap, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is really sweet! I love the glittered heart and the ribbon heart paired together.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a pretty sweet Project, love The sequin hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  19. such an adorable bag tfs
    -jamie
    babyblueangel_30@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete