Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Snow globe- May Arts and Scrapbook Adhesives




Hi and welcome to my project for the hop. I decided that it was time to try a snow globe from a mason jar. It was really very easy.  For the tree on the inside I cut a bunch of triangles from patterned paper and folded them in half and then glued them all together and wrapped them with the May Arts pearl wire.  You can't see it in the picture but on the ground under the tree I have some beautiful soft lace that makes it look like snow.  After the inside is all put together put in some glitters and micha flakes then it is time to decorate the outside of the jar.  This always involves more ribbon :)  When all done shake and watch the snow fall.  My kids love this and I see a few more being made this holiday season.

May Arts Ribbons Used:
FY-09 wired Pearls
377-38-30 gold velvet
390-1-01 Lace
SM09 Jute String

Other:
DCWV
Glass Jar
Glitter


Jenifer Cowles  <--- You are here :)



Thank you so much for stopping by today :)  Make sure you stop by the other blogs today for some more wonderful inspiration.
Happy Holidays,
Jenifer


14 comments:

  1. I love your snow globe! I am seeing more of these every day and am going to give it a try! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. fabulous project...love the vintage feel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous project, love how you made your paper tree and use of glitter for snow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a lot of jars that are sitting around collecting dust. I'm going to have to get them out and try this technique. They are so pretty and would be fairly easy to make. thanks for the idea. Your jar is great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this, it's so beautiful. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love snow globes and this is super cute! Thanks for sharing the creative idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a lovely and elegant decor piece! So sparkly.
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely! And a nice way to make use of something most of us have on hand, a mason jar. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so cool--I will have to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love snowglobes and your's is just gorgeous. tfs Patricia B

    ReplyDelete
  11. An original take on the snow globe- it also is taking advantage of the mason jars that are so popular these days-- great combination.

    ReplyDelete