Search This Blog

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Chevron Zipper pouch- May Arts

Hi, this is Jenifer here with you today to share a cute, fun project.  I have made this simple zippered pouch.  Imagine the possibilities… I am going to use mine as a little sewing kit but you could put pens, makeup or any fun thing you would like to store in there.  It would be a great little gift or stocking stuffer.
Chevron Rainbow Pouch
Chevron Rainbow Pouch

Directions:  
Cut out 2 pieces of canvas 9×7 and 2 pieces of desired lining fabric.  
Place your pieces of ribbon on the canvas in desired order and sew them down, leaving a ½” at the top and the bottom for the seams.
Chevron Rainbow Pouch
Once you have the ribbons sewn down then base the lining to the ribbon fabric at the top ½”, iron the ½” at the top and sew the zipper on each side.  Unzip the zipper a little so you can turn the pouch inside out and sew the side and bottom seams.  Clip the corners, turn inside out and you are done.  I just can’t seem to get enough of these May Arts flowers so I layered them and attached them to both sides to give it a little something extra.
Here is the pouch open.
Chevron Rainbow Pouch
I hope you have enjoyed my project today and I would love to see yours if you decide to make one, just leave me a link.
Blog post by: Jenifer Cowles


May Arts Ribbons used:
May Arts Ribbon Flowers

May Arts Ribbon Suede Leaves

May Arts Candy Cane Striped Ribbon

May Arts Chevron Striped Twill

Other Supplies Used:
  • Canvas
  • 9” zipper
  • Cotton for lining

No comments:

Post a Comment