Search This Blog

Monday, June 3, 2013

Binding with Ribbon-May Arts Ribbon DT Call Round 1

It is now time to tryout again for the May Arts ribbon Design Team.  I honestly hate this time of year, the thought of not being on this team seriously makes me sick to my stomach.  I absolutely love this team and the ribbon is the absolute best on the market.  I can honestly say that there has not been very many projects in the last 3 years or so that I have not used some type of May Arts ribbon on.  My projects are just not complete with out it :)  So please stay and enjoy my tutorial and a few of my favorite projects using May Arts:)

Tutorial:  Binding with Ribbon Car Bags
We have a bunch of small trips planned this summer and I wanted to create these cute little car bags with pockets to contain all of the electronics and fun activities the kids will be doing in the car on the long car trips.

The bags were very easy to make using just scraps of fabric and ribbon.  
Supplies needed:  Canvas, contrasting fabric and ribbon.
Directions: Cut 2 pieces of 16x16 canvas and a piece of 12x16 and 6x16 contrasting fabric (this is for the pockets.  Using a ribbon at least 11/2" wide bind all of the top edges of the pockets and the top of the 2 canvas pieces (this is where you would also decorate the pocket if desired).  Now layer the front canvas piece and the 2 pockets and sew down the center, this will create your divided pockets.
Put front and back wrong sides together and bind all the raw edges with ribbon.  Take a desired handle length and fold it in half and bind the raw edge with ribbon and sew it in place to the front and back of the bag.  You are done :)  Nice and easy.

Here is a girly version I made for my daughter with some slight variations, its a bit smaller and I rounded the bottom corners (note it was harder to do the rounded corners.)

Here is a closeup of the flowers I used the May Arts flowers and layered 5 petals on top of each other to make them nice and fluffy then hand sewed on some pearls I think they look a little like strawberry flowers and she loves it.

May Arts Ribbons used:
440-15-03 Denim
440-58-03 Denim
xl16 Leaves
RG46 Stripe
439 Flowers
Here are a few of my favorite projects using May Arts ribbons, as you can see I am very well rounded, I can sew, scrap and do just a little of everything.

Layouts/Cards



Mixed Media/Crafts/Altered


Sewing






Here are just a few of the projects that I have created over the years with May Arts ribbon and I hope to be sharing more over the next year.  Thank you so much for all of your support and keep your fingers crossed for me :)
Jenifer

4 comments:

  1. Great projects! Seam binding is such a great idea. I can't believe I didn't think of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! AMAZING Creations!! THANKS SO MUCH for sharing!! I LOVE all of the FUN Creations and your GREAT TUTORIAL!! GOOD LUCK on the DT Call!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenifer, I can believe that you an absolute lover of the May Arts brand!
    Your projects are fabulous... I so love and could use one of those car pocket totes!
    That hot air balloon is uber cool too.
    Best of luck on staying with the team! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always look forward to your projects on the MA blog...that hot air balloon took my breath away the first time I saw it...and it still does. Congrats on making it through to the finals. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete