Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Ribbon Organization hop with May Arts



Welcome to Day 2 in the May Arts Ribbonista Organizaion Hop- I hope you are enjoying all the wonderful ways the ladies store and organize their ribbon.  There are definitely some very cool ideas out there.

Well I am in the middle of a room makeover so I thought I would share how I store my May Arts bakers twine.  I absolutely love the twine, it is nice and thick and the colors are lovely.  I have tried several different ways to store these wonderful spools but since I use them so much they tend to tangle and they end up being a mess all over the place so I put them in these jars.

We make a lot of pizz at our house and the jars that the sauce comes in is perfet for holding these bakers twine spools.  I drilled a hole in the top of the lid and run the twine thru.  I put a coffee filter over the top and tie it together with a coordinating colored ribbon.  It takes up a little bit of space on my desk but it keeps the mess of twine from taking over.

Make sure you stop by everyone elses blogs and see how they organize.
Erin Thiem
Gini Williams Cagle
Jen Shears
Jenifer Cowles
Karen Baker

Jenifer

37 comments:

  1. Very pretty way to store twine. I like the coffee filter tops.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a cool way to store the twine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is an awesome way to store twine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute idea and different!
    Hugs,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  5. decorative. functional. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Using the jars and having the twine feed through the top hole is a very sensible idea and re-uses glass jars. Thanks for sharing your idea!


    ReplyDelete
  7. Those coffee filter coverings are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute idea. They won't get messed up that way, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this idea Jenifer! I wouldn't mind these taking up space in my craft room - so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohhh something to use all the jars i've been collecting. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How clever. I like how they have little hats.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the idea to use jars for twine too. I always loved that idea for everything else...buttons, and such. Totally makes sense to me. Great way to decorate them too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey! Twine is ribbon in my book, and May Arts's!! This is so USEFUL! that's my favorite part about it. Pull, snip, go!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's clever and a great way to recycle at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW - what a clever way to store your awesome twine collection!!!
    It looks so pretty and practical - thank you for sharing this fab idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's pretty! I do something similar with my twine except mine is in Pringles short cans. I like the coffee filters over the tops of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very good idea and the coffee filters was brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great idea! It looks pretty as well.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a clever idea using the jars. I would never thought of that. And, not a spendy item to purhcase either.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Cute storage idea, they look like gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  21. such a pretty way to store twine! love the coffee filter hats :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. wow... i am so in like with your ribbon and the display... if only i had the space...
    morentin1326((at))aol((dot))com
    adventureofthecreativemind.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I would most likely knock the jars off and break them, but it might work if I used plastic jars!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love all this organization, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  25. OMGosh! Too cute, pretty yet functional!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love this idea. I have lots of jars I could use.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Practical and beautiful at the same time. TFS

    ReplyDelete