Search This Blog

Monday, March 18, 2013

My Core’dinations Creative Frenzy

I thought I would throw my hat into the Core'dinations Design Team Call.  I absolutely love Core'dinations their quality of cardstock is top notch and with all the fun embossed patterns and variety of paper you just can't go wrong.  Almost all of my projects start with a base of Core'dinations Cardstock.
I love that there is many possibilities with Core'dinations that I just don't get with other cardstock.  I do a lot of scrapbooking, mixed media and altered projects.  Please sit back and enjoy my projects and keep your fingers crossed.    

Project #1
Here are the steps that I took to create this page:
  1.  Sand the cardstock to revel the cool pattern underneath.
  2. Punch your white glitter paper and your patterned paper.
  3. Take your 2.5” Grosgrain ribbon 351-94 and do a large running stitch with the Twine 412-17 and gather it to give it some texture.
  4. Layer your ribbons as desired.
  5. Add your pictures and other small bits and pieces.
  6. Create and add some flowers.
  7. I added some iridescent paint around the edges of my paper and also on the aqua grosgrain just for fun.


Project #2

First take your Canvas, mine was a royal blue one that I had used to make a piece for my sons room a couple years ago that didn’t match his décor any longer.  I just started layering book pages, patterns, tissue paper and really anything that I had in reach.  I just mod podged them willy nilly.  After that dries then I just stared layering paint and inks here and there and finally I threw on some glitter.
After I had the background just so I went to my Core’dinations paper and cut out some stripes and then used a large scallop punch to round off some of the edges.  I roughly sketched a tree once I had the shape I wanted I glued it on with some more mod podge.  I inked the tree with some shades of green and some white to soften it up.  To get a nice tree topper I used a petaloo flower on the top to finish up my tree.
Now the fun starts.  I added ribbons and buttons to decorate the tree and the presents under the tree.  Just have fun with it and remember there is no wrong way to make art.
Project #3
For my last project I have this super fun notebook I put together, it is definitely one of my all time favorite projects.  Core'dinations works wonderfully for covers and for the insides of notebooks as well as all the decorative pieces in between.

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my work, best of luck to everyone trying out, you never know until you try. 
Jenifer


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful work, Jenifer, as always! Best of luck on the DT Call. You'd be a wonderful asset to the team. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great assortment of projects, Jenifer! I think your canvas art with the tree is totally charming! Best of luck to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great diversity of projects! Love your techniques! Good luck with the call!

    ReplyDelete