Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Ribbon Lovebirds Wreath-May Arts


How cute are these?  I love these little "love" birds.
These were actually quite easy to make.  I starched the grosgrain ribbon and then pinned around some toilet paper rolls for them to keep their shape as they dried.

This is what you end up with when you take them off the toilet paper roll.  I added a small beak with a zot but you could also sew it down if you wanted.  I made mine into a small little wreath using a coat hanger and some silk ribbons but how cute would they be hung as a mobile?

Thank you so much for stopping by today make sure you continue with the hop and continue for the rest of the week.
Here is the list:

27 comments:

  1. YES! another use for toilet paper rolls. Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling idea. Have to try this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always wonder what to do with toilet paper rolls. Now I know...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't you just love the polka dot ribbon. I'm always drawn to it. Thanks for showing us your talent.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That Red polka Dot Ribbon is the most amazing thing I have seen.... Love it!! :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so clever and they are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cool idea love the Ribbons thanks for sharing your Unique project.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really cute idea. I never thought of spraying ribbon with starch. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute idea! And beautiful ribbons, I love how we're seeing so many different ones thru the blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is so clever. Cute lovebirds too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute birds!Great use of that ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. THAT is the cutest thing I have seen yet today!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your two little love birds look great inside the wire wreath. How clever!

    ReplyDelete
  14. that is awesome... I just love the ribbon birds and your creation.
    adventureofthecreativemind.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Neat wreath and thanks for the tips on how to complete it.

    ReplyDelete