Search This Blog

Monday, December 17, 2012

Ribbon Scarves May Arts Blog Hop

Welcome to the May Arts Christmas Blog hop,  I am so glad you could stop by today.  I have a super quick and easy gift you could make for anyone.  My daughter need a couple quick gifts to give to her friends.  We came up with these ribbon scarves.

These scarves only took her about 1/2 hr to make and they turned out pretty cute.  We used some scraps of fleece measuring about 5x40".  We sewed them wrong sides together, turned right side out.  She picked out her favorite matching ribbons and folded them in half making a loop and sewed them to the ends of the scarf.   
There is a fun surprise with these scarves, we sewed a piece of 2.5" grosgrain ribbon about 1/3 from the end making a loop to tuck the end of the scarf through that way you don't have a bulky knot around your neck.

May Arts Ribbons used:

NV 5/8"x10y - FAUX SUEDE /RUFFLE EDGE
Thank you so much for stopping by today :)  Make sure you check out everyone's projects, there is something for everyone.
http://www.nicolemartel.blogspot.com/
http://sandyallnock.com/
http://fynesdesigns.wordpress.com/
http://www.homemadecardsbyerin.blogspot.com/


Have a Wonderful Holiday!!!
Jenifer

33 comments:

  1. Great idea...and they look so warm, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great project - very original!
    ellen(at)myerly(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea, love this! Might have to try these myself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful idea. What a nice gift to give.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are darling scarves. Makes me wish I could sew. I am sure her friends will adore them as well and they will feel so good on cold winter days.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool!!! I don't really know how to sew but I might be able to wing it. Thanks for the idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice gifts. I see we have a future ribbonista in training here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an awesome (and practical) idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this idea...such a fun project, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this super cool Idea. the ribbons look Awesome. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great project. Glad you and your daughter had a project to work together.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I love the idea of a little slip thru on a scarf so no bulky knots just love it :) thanks for sharing all those ribbons look wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute! I love the idea of slipping the scarf through the ribbon...might even have to add those to some of our scarves!

    ReplyDelete
  14. great idea of adding ribbon to a scarf and yes, slipping the scarf thru the ribbon is perfect
    ava g

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, your scarves are warm and clever gifty...what a lucky daughter to have such a crafty mom!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the tucking idea - not only does it save on bulk, it saves having to "nicely" tie a scarf, which I am completely inept at. :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is outstandingly cool! Just right for one of my granddaughter to create. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love this idea and that you can match your colors of your outfits!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. We NEED scarves these days. Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete