Search This Blog

Friday, October 21, 2011

Joy Canvas

I have been so inspired by all the mixed media pieces lately that I thought that I would give it a try.  I haven’t done anything like this ever and I am pretty pleased with the results.

First take your Canvas, mine was a royal blue one that I had used to make a piece for my sons room a couple years ago that didn’t match his décor any longer.  I just started layering book pages, patterns, tissue paper and really anything that I had in reach.  I just modge podged them willy nilly.  After that dries then I just stared layering paint and inks here and there and finally I thru on some glitter.
After I had the background just so I went to my Core’dinations paper and cut out some stripes and then used a large scallop punch to round off some of the edges.  I roughly sketched a tree once I had the shape I wanted I glued it on with some more modge podge.  I inked the tree with some shades of green and some white to soften it up.  To get a nice tree topper I used a petaloo flower on the top to finish up my tree.
Now the fun starts.  I added ribbons and buttons to decorate the tree and the presents under the tree.  Just have fun with it and remember there is no wrong way to make art.  I can’t wait to see what you come up with.

Supplies:

No comments:

Post a Comment