Here is a fun project that I have up at ThermOWeb and on May Arts today, thanks so much for looking.
The finished size is 20”x30”.
You will need:
- 72 3” blocks; you could use up your scraps, and 2 3”x30” solid strips, and a 20”x30” piece for the back.
- Therm-O-Web HeatNBond Lite
- And of course you need May Arts Ribbons 389-18-14, 389-18-17, DD-17, 330-17
- Sew all the blocks together in 12 blocks per row.
- Sew the rows together in pairs.
- Sew the solid strips between the pairs adding the grosgrain Ric Rac down on each side of the strip. You then add the 1/8” velvet on top of the solid strip. Repeat.
- Quilt as desired.
- Hand embroider your message.
- Add Heart or other object as desired with HeatNBond
- Prepare back, I used a 3”x30” patterned fabric for fun on the back with the 1/8” velvet along the seams, but you could easily use a solid backing.
- Sew front to back wrong sides together.
- Bind your edges.
- Add ribbons to the ends to close your pillow together.
I hope you have enjoyed my project today. I think I am going to make these for other Holidays and maybe even Birthdays, I think these would be great keepsakes that could be handed down for generations. Please leave a link if you make one I would love to check it out.