Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Love Wreath

I created this wreath using papers from the Echo Park Victoria Garden Collection.  I love this paper and wanted to make sure that I used every single scrap of it.  You will notice that all of the flowers are hand made either out of paper or ribbons.

Supplies:

  • 12×12 paper
  • Brads
  • Pearls
  • Ribbons used
  •  May Arts Ribbon: 379-15-09, 331-22, 331-28, DD27, DD17, 365-2-17, RG17, RG76, 361-58-26, 361-58-10, XL16, 357-34-16, PV34, PV35
  • Therm O web super tape 1/8”

Instructions:

First I took my 12×12 paper and drew a circle about 8 1/2” circumferences.  Then I put down Cream Satin pleats 379-15-09 that way if any of my flowers showed thru then there would be this lovely ribbon underneath.
Then I punched out a bunch of 1” circles to make some flowers.  I cut these in a spiral and rolled them from the outside in.
4
Don’t you just love all these yummy flowers just waiting for a project?
Then by mistake I made these fantastic ribbon flowers.  I love them.  I used this 1/8” super tape from Therm O Web.
Apply the super tape along one edge of the ribbon.  I used 331-22 and my ribbon is 6” long.
Peel off the paper and then fold the ribbon in half length wise.  Then you apply the super tape along the length of the ribbon.
Now cut little slits to the tape about every ¼” apart.
Peel of the paper and roll your flower starting at one end.
Now you have this super cute flower.  I love how it looks and I can’t wait to use it on other projects.
Now I have taken all the different flowers and placed them around my circle and put the letters love in the middle.  I love how this turned out and now I just have to find the perfect frame for it.
I hope I have inspired you to use your ribbons in new ways.  I can’t wait to see what you come up with

No comments:

Post a Comment