Hi, Jenifer Cowles from scrapbooking-n-more back again for another tutorial for you. Today we are going to make the matching stockings for the Tree Skirt that I showed you last week.
Inspired by the Land of Nod catalog again.
- Fleece (you could use felt)
- #379-15-25 satin Pleats in red
- #PV25 3/8″ Velvet woven in red
- Make a pattern. I just drafted one out on a brown grocery bag.
- Cut out 2 of the cuff pieces and 2 of the Sock parts.
- Make sure you attach the pleated ribbon to the cuff, it makes it much easier to work with.
- Again I take my old Sizzix and cut out more circles. I use the smaller circles for the polka dots on the Stockings. Sew the circles on first, before you sew the 2 stocking pieces together.
- Stocking pieces – sew with right sides together and turn right side out.
- Cuffs – sew right sides together on short sides.
- Sew the cuff to the stocking and fold down.
- Attach #PV25 3/8″ Velvet woven in red on the side to hang.
Voila you are done. I made cream with red dots for the boys and Red with the cream dots for the girls.
I hope you have time to make them and I would love to see how they turn out! Leave a comment and I would love to see how they turn out.