Search This Blog

Monday, December 13, 2010

Christmas Stockings

Christmas Stockings

Hi, Jenifer Cowles from scrapbooking-n-more back again for another  tutorial for you.  Today we are going to make the matching stockings for the Tree Skirt that I showed you last week.
Inspired by the Land of Nod catalog again.

Materials List:

  • Fleece (you could use felt)
  • Scissors
  • #PV25 3/8″ Velvet woven in red

Instructions:

  • Make a pattern.  I just drafted one out on a brown grocery bag.
  • Cut out 2 of the cuff pieces and 2 of the Sock parts.
  • Make sure you attach the pleated ribbon to the cuff, it makes it much easier to work with.
  • Again I take my old Sizzix and cut out more circles.  I use the smaller circles for the polka dots on the Stockings.  Sew the circles on first, before you sew the 2 stocking pieces together.
  • Stocking pieces – sew with right sides together and turn right side out.
  • Cuffs – sew right sides together on short sides.
  • Sew the cuff to the stocking and fold down.
  • Attach #PV25 3/8″ Velvet woven in red on the side to hang.
Voila you are done.  I made cream with red dots for the boys and Red with the cream dots for the girls.
I hope you have time to make them and I would love to see how they turn out!  Leave a comment and I would love to see how they turn out.

No comments:

Post a Comment